Saturday, November 12, 2011

Supreme Leader’s Comments in a Book on Hajj

Supreme Leader’s Comments in a Book on Hajj
05/11/2011


This book plunged me once again into the nostalgic excitement and enthusiasm of visiting the House of God and the shrine of His Messenger (s.w.a.), the kind of excitement and enthusiasm which I am no longer very hopeful about. As far back as I can remember – since the days of my youth – I have never found my heart free of the flames of this enthusiasm. During the dark era of suppression, every cleric, knowledgeable or not, could easily register for hajj pilgrimage out of enthusiasm or even out of indulgence, but I could not do so. In other words, for fear of the Shah’s SAVAK, no caravan leader was able or courageous enough to put my name on the list of hajj pilgrims, let alone assign me as the cleric in charge of the caravan. Yes, even during those difficult times, my heart was not free of the hope of visiting Ka’bah and kissing the footprints of the Holy Prophet (s.w.a.) in Mecca and Medina…. And although my wish was fulfilled during the 10-day hajj pilgrimage of the year 1358 thanks to Shahid Mahallati, the flames of that enthusiasm became brighter and stronger. When I was President, I had pinned my hopes on having this opportunity after my presidential terms. But today…? Restless enthusiasm and faint hope…. I only find solace in reading or listening to such travelogues, which itself increases my enthusiasm even more.

http://english.khamenei.ir//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1556

No comments: